Who are you?
What do you do for money?
I get to work with some awesome people who inspire me almost daily. I love being a part of such a great team that is on a quest to do amazing things. Our primary business is helping military families buy their dream home.
What do you do for fun?
- make my kids laugh
- beat my wife in card games
- compete in triathlons (when I am not being lazy)
- travel and find great street food (if food comes from something with wheels on it I generally love it)
- catch fish
I would characterize my relationship with technology as:
I love technology. But, even more than technology itself, I love watching what entrepreneurial people can do technology – how they improve it, leverage it, or create something entirely new from it.
Smart or dumb phone? What kind? If smart, what are the three apps you use most?
iPhone. Instapaper, Twitter, and the Kindle app.
Mac or PC or Other?
PC, although I do a lot of work on my iPhone and iPad.
I use twitter for …
For personal purposes I use it for Education. I replaced my rss feeds with twitter and use it to stay up on industry (online marketing) stuff as well as to find other interesting articles to read – regardless of the topic.
I use facebook for …
Keeping up to date on what people are doing. (I am a notoriously rare poster on both FB and twitter.)
Do you read any blogs? What are three of your favorites?
As I said earlier, I read a variety of articles from blogs mostly from seeing people tweet about them, but there are very few that I read consistently.
Go-to menu item and restaurant in CoMo?
Chicken Philly at Murry’s
Complete this sentence: Archers of Loaf is/are:
apparently a band I never heard of.
Friends are visiting from out-of-town. You’re for-sure taking them to:
- Football Weekends – tailgating and the game
- Basketball Games – Mizzou Arena
- Warm Weather – fishing
My second-favorite city/town/hamlet/state/country/province in the world is:
NY, NY (especially for the Broadway shows and gyros from the food cart at 52rd and 6th)
CoMo Tech will be a regular feature on The CoMo Collective. Beginning Tuesday, June 7th, CoMo Tech will spotlight how a wise, local folk uses his or her tech powers for good (or evil) every Tuesday and Thursday. To kick off the feature, we’re doing a whole bunch on the dates listed below. If you have someone you’d like to be featured in CoMo Tech, please let us know!
- Monday, May 16: Sarah Hill
- Tuesday, May 17: Scott Cox
- Wednesday, May 18: Jonathan Sessions
- Thursday, May 19: Kurt Mirtsching
- Friday, May 20: Renee Hulshof
- Monday, May 30: Justin Willett
- Tuesday, May 31: Brant Bukowsky
- Wednesday, June 1: Zach Paul
- Thursday, June 2: Leslie Scott
- Friday, June 3: Tim Miles